Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Summer is almost over, wow was that fast!

Well, I made it through my first summer of retirement. It sure went fast. I kept very busy with lots of little projects. Nothing major. I managed to ride my bike more miles than the past several summers. I did some jogging with Buck. I spent a week at my parent's lake home. A couple of road trips in the camper. One of my summer highlights was a four day, three night, camping trip to Lake Bylseby campground down near Cannon Falls, MN. Buck and I had a great time. Beautiful campground right on the lake. Great trail running. Buck loves to run with me but he much prefers to not have his leash clipped on. I did a couple of hard bike rides. Got to chat with a bunch of very nice people. Got a lot of reading on my Nook. But I sure did miss Paula, and Jeff. I'm liking this retirement stuff. I'm a bit apprehensive about what will happen when the weather turns sour and I can't go out biking. I might have to see about a part time job. I've got an idea for what I think would be a good one. Not going to publish it here yet though.

Jeff started school for Electrical Technology at St. Paul College. He's going to be an electrician!! Whoopie. I sure hope this works out for him. I always wanted to be an electrician so if he makes it I can live vicariously through him. I like to pick his brains when he comes home to try to pick up some of the stuff. This is going to be a great adventure for us.

Eric finished school in May and has been applying for police jobs all over the state. He's taking tests and filling out all kinds of paperwork. It's a very hard process. I think he's doing well holding up and hopefully a department will hire him.

We took a road trip to Michigan to see where the wedding will be next summer. Eric and Caitlin found a great ranch resort type place to have it. They have cabins, hotel rooms, suites, and campgrounds. Should be great. It was also very nice to spend time with her parents, Kim and Mike. They have a beautiful home on a lake. I was humbled by not being able to get up skiing. I'm going to blame it on the huge waves.

We won't be travelling to Kansas for the www.hdtrally.com this year. I've been there the last five years and it's a great get together. I'm on the board for our condominium association and have to be here for the annual meeting. So, Paula and I are planning on going camping somewhere around the middle of October here in MN, or maybe Wisconsin.

Better get going now. I'm nearing the end of "Helter Skelter, the Charles Manson Story." Gotta read a bit and go to sleep. Big day tomorrow. Don't know exactly what I'll be doing yet, but it's going to be a big day.

Thanks for reading.

Oh ya, I finally figured out how to add another link over there on the upper right. I wanted to provide an easy way to get to the camper pictures. I also added that contact form for the heck of it.

No comments: